NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS: ELECTIONS FOR SCPRSA 2021 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nominations for the 2021 SCPRSA Board of Directors are now open and we need you! You can apply for a position, or nominate fellow members now through August 31 extended through September 18.
Our chapter is seeking established and new leaders interested in serving on the board starting in January 2021. The board will be led by Pamela Flasch, who is currently president-elect.
Participating on the SCPRSA Board of Directors is a great way to serve our fellow communicators and our industry. You’ll meet and share best practices with many of the state’s outstanding practitioners. Additionally, serving on the board demonstrates your leadership to your peers, clients, and employer.
The deadline to apply or to nominate someone August 31 extended through September 18.
- President-elect (APR required and will serve as president in 2022)
- Vice president of membership
- Vice president of communications
- Vice president of finance
- Vice president of professional development
- Ethics officer (APR required)
- Diversity officer
- Upstate regional director (2021-2022)
- Midlands Regional director (2021-2022)
Want to know more before volunteering?
We encourage all members interested in learning more about board service to join one of two scheduled Zoom conference calls led by Kim Keelor, immediate past president and chair of the nominating committee. The calls are scheduled for Tuesday, August 11 at noon, and Friday, August 21 at 8 a.m. Please contact Kim at [email protected] in advance to get the Zoom link.
If you cannot apply for a board seat yourself, but know the perfect person, use the nomination form, or send Kim an email by August 31 extended through September 18 and the elections committee will include that person for review.
The elections committee members are as follows:
- Kim Asbill, APR, (long time member, former office holder)
- Denise Blackburn-Gaye, PRSA Fellow
- Reba Campbell, Past President
- Keela Glover, APR
- Jo Halmes, APR, Past President
- Julie Horton, Past President, [email protected]
- Kim Keelor, APR, Past President, [email protected]
- Robert Reeves, APR, (Former officeholder)
- Karen Potter, APR, Past President
- Erin Smith Watson, APR, Past President
The committee will review candidates and submit a slate for membership consideration in the fall.